Sunday, August 30, 2009

Baltimore

Shortly after we returned from Heston's, we headed out to Baltimore to drop off Sam at Goucher College. We stayed in Fells Point, right on the water. We could see the Domino's sign across the bay, familiar to us from The Wire.

Can you see the Domino's sign on top of the building?

We weren't due at Goucher until the next day, so we spent some time exploring and having dinner with Harry at Mezze, a terrific tapas restaurant, very reasonably priced, with a Mediterranean-influenced menu. Try the white sangria, perfect on a muggy Baltimore night.


In the morning, as is my habit, I went for a walk while everyone else was sleeping. I saw this sign, which you would never ever see in St. Paul.



Then, on the other side of the pier where no signs were posted, I saw someone crabbing!


He said the crabbing was great there, and directed me to look in his bucket which was filled with crabs.


He pulled out a net full, and told me that crabs this size would cost $2.25 at the grocery store.


I'm surprised everyone isn't crabbing. You can easily spot them not far from the surface.



But then it was time to set off to Goucher.



I was able to hold my tears until after we said our good-byes, and then I clung to Jon as I sobbed my way to the car.


No comments:

Post a Comment