Sunday, August 9, 2009

Res Ipsa Loquitur





Sometimes no comment is necessary.

Today the strange street sign made me think of ice cream so I rode my bike up to Izzy's, one of the four ice cream shops in my part of town. There's also the Grand Creamery, Snuffy's (where you can also get a greasy burger and fries), Dairy Queen, and Izzy's, my favorite.




If you have trouble finding Izzy's, just watch for Choo Choo Bob's. This shop wasn't around when my kids were small, or I am sure we would have spent many rainy days there watching the trains go around on the tracks.



I like Izzy's because the ice cream is good, the scoopers and customers are down to earth, it has a great neighborhood feel, and there are plenty of cute kids to watch any time you visit. And with every cone or cup, you get a little mini-scoop on top,
known as an "Izzy."

This little girl had a vanilla cone with a peach Izzy.

Her friend had a cone too. But it met with this sad fate.


Fortunately she was able to get a replacement, but she accidentally got blueberry, not cotton candy, her favorite (both blue colored).


She was amazingly calm about her calamities.


By the way, no overweight people visible at Izzy's, maybe because everyone rode their bike.

My favorite flavor? I really like Bananas Foster with a Coffee Break Izzy (coffee with pieces of Oreos). I've sampled Beet (not so good), Green Tea (serene), and Cotton Candy (makes your teeth hurt).

But no ice cream today, just tepid water from my water bottle.







No bike ride in St. Paul can really be complete without a stop at the river.





Down below, a man has his own riverfront patio while he does some work.


If this was a detective novel or a crime show on t.v., we would get a close-up of his notebook and find out that he was plotting to overthrow the government. But I think he's a hydrology or an ichthyology student, getting source inspiration while preparing for his final exams.




No comments:

Post a Comment